Flexible HR service
Volunteering has many positive benefits for individuals that would like to step into paid work. It can:
- Increase your self confidence as you gain a sense of pride and identity.
- Increase your social and relationship skills.
- Benefit people with disabilities or chronic health conditions – research has demonstrated that adults show in improvement after volunteering.
- Be an opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience whilst being exposed to a range of workplace activities, including communication, line management, teamwork and using your initiative.
- Improve your wellbeing – it helps combat depression as you have regular contact with others and helps develop a solid support system.
- Develops emotional stability – PTSD, low self-esteem and OCD have all been helped by volunteering as they feel more connected to others and have an increased sense of purpose. This has led to decreased symptoms and improved social function.
- Help you get experience in an area of interest and meet people in the field.
- Improve your CV and become more successful at interviews.
- Place you within an organisation that recruits its volunteers into paid work.
- Support prisoners in the process of rebuilding their life
If you are struggling with barriers to stepping into employment, consider the benefits of volunteering which will take you one step closer to achieving paid work.
Ethical HR Solutions Ltd